For Your Eyes Only!
Scholastic, ISBN 059067448-X/pper
Also Available as an Audiobook: 0-439-73119-4
Lucy learns truths about beauty and love through poetry and journal-keeping.
A School Library Journal Best Book of the Year!
* Nominated for the PEN Center USA West Literary Award in Children's Literature
* Nominated for state awards in Georgia, Arkansas, Tennessee, New Mexico and Maryland
* Included in the "One Hundred Titles for Reading and Sharing" List of the NY Public Library
* Included as a Bank Street College Best Children's Book of the Year
* Voted best book for children ages 9-11 by Chicago Public Schools and the Chicago Public Library
"It's a slice of life, right out of the kids' experience,...This is the age when children start to prefer more realistic stories."
–Elizabeth Huntoon, director of children's and young adult services for Chicago's library system
"However you introduce this story–as a model for journaling, as inspiration for poetry writing, or as an examination of adolescent thoughts–this book will be a feast for your students' eyes...and their minds."
–The Mailbox BOOKBAG, The Teacher's Idea Magazine For Children's Literature
"An unusual novel set in modern-day Los Angeles...the writing and situations are realistic and believable."
–*STARRED, School Library Journal